Thursday, March 14, 2013

My Uterus IS Magic 2


So here we are. It is now Monday February 11th. Three days after I had expected my period and five days since my first positive home pregnancy test (HPT). I woke up at about 4:45am. I waited in bed, pretending I was still asleep, for my alarm clock to go off. It rang at 5:30 and I shot out of bed on my way to the bathroom. One more test, just to make sure.

The last five days or so I have been feeling... strange. Well, stranger than usual. I have been drooling. Okay, not actually drooling out of my mouth, but excessive saliva for sure. I've been swallowing, sucking it back and wiping the corners of my mouth constantly. The back of my tongue tastes like it's made out of pocket change, metallic dirt. My metal mouth and over active saliva thing is weird, but wait there's more!

Then there is my nose. I can smell in stereo! Standing in the Walgreen store without looking I knew there was chocolate to might right, buttered popcorn to my left and perfume and make up one isle over to my right. I looked around and I was right. If I was a wimpy girl with a sensitive tummy, I'm sure I'd be barfing my guts out constantly.

I am not nauseous exactly, but I have symptoms of nausea. Mouth watering, bad taste and add a gross annoying smell and that's a perfect combo pack for barfing. I have also had heartburn, or agita as my Italian-American family calls it. It's not quite fire, but it just feels like my food won't let me swallow it and it would rather just hang out in my esophagus. Not the most comfortable thing. It seems worse in the evening.

I am tired. T - I - R - E - D. I am up early because I've been falling asleep before eight o'clock.

So, with all of that plus a positive home pregnancy test, one would think I would have come to terms with the fact that I was pregnant. Well but, maybe I'm wrong. I don't want to get all excited just to find out I'm the one freak in the universe that produces that pregnancy hormone that home tests check for without being preggers. Better make sure. So test, and test again. Better buy a different brand. Better check online to see what the most reliable test is. What are some symptoms Google, while I'm on here? Better yet, can I just pee on the iPhone and it will tell me? It's smart, not only should it tell me if I'm pregnant, it should tell me the gender of the baby and the due date. While you're at it, Siri? What should I name my baby? No dice, iPhone fail.

So, four positive HPT's later and an array of symptoms, I have accepted yes indeed I am pregnant. We are excited. My husband is adorable. I called my doctor and made my first appointment for March 21st. I will be about 10 weeks then, I know it will be so different. It's hard to believe how fast this little bit of caviar is growing. What next?

No comments:

Post a Comment