Tuesday, April 2, 2013

I Told My Coworkers

I told the guys at work. It was a Friday. My doctors appointment on Thursday went well so I was feeling more confident about it. It was meeting time, 10am. Everyone was in the break room. The usual break room topics include, guns, government, health care, wives, and food. I'm sure I miss out of some of the other topics which change when I enter the room. For the most part, I am one of the guys.

I walked into the crowded room and said "I'd like to address you all together and tell you something before any rumors start, I am going to have a baby." I paused "No, not right now, don't worry." Everyone laughed. My face was red, I sighed and felt a huge release getting that off my chest. The questions started to fly. "How far along are you? When did you find out?" I told them I was ten weeks and I've known since the beginning of February. Somebody says "Wow, you sure know how to keep a secret." I say "Just imagine when else I could be hiding from you!" I get another laugh.

I thanked them all for smelling like gasoline and car grease and not smelling like Axe Body Spray, because perfume is making me gag and also making me violently angry. They all promise they wouldn't even use deodorant. Ha!

I love working with guys, it's so great. I don't feel like any of them are judging me or whispering behind my back. None of them are thinking about how much weight I will gain or how my clothes don't fit me right. They don't even notice. Phew.

So now the cat's out of the bag for the most part. Now I am waiting for the ultrasound before I start telling strangers and screaming it from the mountain tops.

No comments:

Post a Comment