Tuesday, April 30, 2013

15 Weeks and Growing

Yes, the first trimester is over. O.V.E.R. Done and done. I've heard people say that is the worst part about pregnancy. Cool, does that include the birth? Probably not.

I am just over 15 weeks now. We had a doctors appointment on Thursday which is now a monthly thing. I sure am glad I like my doctor and nurses or this would be awful. At the appointment they asked me some questions, pushed on my tummy, checked my blood pressure and collected more urine. I don't know if these people are into water sports or what, but they sure do like my pee.

This time I wasn't nervous at all like I had been the last time. My husband Paul came with me and we joked in the waiting room. The doctor was running a little behind and we had to wait about a half an hour. I had to ask Paul to stop making me laugh or I would wet myself. I was trying to hold my pee for the cup and it was tough. I'm sure that's not going to get any easier for a while.

Being more relaxed meant I remembered to ask some questions. Like, "Why do you like my pee so much?" and "Did last months blood test look okay?". Turns out they are collecting my piss for medical reasons, who would have thought? They will check my urine every visit for protein and sugar. I sure hope they don't do that by tasting it. Sugar would mean diabetes and protein would be kidney problems or something. Looking good there, they say. My blood work was great, my blood pressure was good and everything from the ultrasound was awesome. No markers for down syndrome or any of that.

The best part? I don't have HIV, gonorrhea or hepatitis. I was really on the edge of my seat for that one. I told Paul there was no way to be sure, since I have a compulsive habit of digging through medical waste and drinking any fluids I find. We're in the clear now.

I guess little Baby is the size of an apple and growing fast. I'm starting to feel that apple in the lower abdomen, and I'm starting to show! Sure, it's under blankets of my own fat but still! I can't suck in or wear any pants that I have. Only leggings and dresses for this gal. It's more comfortable anyway. Sometimes, when I'm by self in the grocery store I like to arch my back, push my stomach way out and put my hand on the bump. Then I ask people where the pickles and ice cream are with a really serious look on my face. Oh, boy. This is going to be fun!

I'm reading a book that contains a ton of birth stories. It's all pretty magical and amazing. I'll write more about my thoughts on that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment