Friday, June 14, 2013

I don't look pregnant, I'm just big boned.


I don't look pregnant, I'm just big boned.

Lately I've been thinking I don't look like I'm twenty weeks along. My cantelope sized uterus is neatly nesseled in my big body under layers of muscle, fat and skin. Is it possible that I will never have the adorable, bulbous belly that I see on cute mommy's to be at the grocery store? Just my usual jelly roll? Or is it just me and my distorted view of my self? Do I look pregnant afterall? Does it even matter? No. It doesn't. But somehow that doesn't stop me from wondering.

Clothes are not comfortable. I want to wear pants, but I haven't been successful in finding any that fits me comfortably. I'll be honest, I haven't tried that hard. I hate shopping and I hate trying on clothes. Meh. Today, a new reality dawned on me. Maybe I will have to buy maternity clothes. I've gotten this far by buying 3 dresses from the plus sized section at Target after I first found out I was pregnant. I also have a million pair of leggings. Okay not a million, but four. My thinking was that I could wear theses dresses now while they are oversized and I can grow into them. I also thought, leggings, they are stretchy tights. They couldn't possible be too small for me, ever. I am wrong. I didn't understand how my body would be changing.

Today I was wearing one of the dresses I mentioned. Very comfortable. I always wear an undershirt. A stretchy tank top. I have a lot of them because it's something I wear everyday. An extention of my underwear and bra onsamble. TMI? I don't really know why I do. I guess I'm just modest and overly cautious. "What if my clothes suddenly shredded to peices or desinigrated!? At least I'll have this tank top on." So today I realized that my idea of a stretchy tank top and leggings that will always fit me was wrong. Under my dress, secretly, my tank top began to roll up as my leggings would roll down. By time I went to my first bathroom break of the day I lifted my dress to find my pregnant belly completely exposed. My leggings below my belly and my shirt rolled up under my boobs. Okay. So maybe these are a little tight for me now.

So if I want my underclothes to stay in place, I think I'll need to get a size or two bigger. Better yet I would get some that have extra fabric in the belly area. Oh, you mean maternity clothes? Noooooo!



No comments:

Post a Comment