Monday, May 27, 2013

19 Weeks and Wiggling

Our heads on others bodies. Defend my watermelon
May 23rd, 2013. 19 weeks and also my monthly appointment today. Nothing too exciting. The highlight was hearing the baby's heartbeat. Heart rate was 142.

We've got a wiggler. I feel it now. I'm sure of it. I have felt something for about 2 weeks, but I thought I could pass it off as my imagination. This I cannot. That baby is wiggling. Only one more week until we get to see my insides again and see what that baby is doing in there.

"Is it a boy or a lady, I don't know which?"
Besides the raging heartburn, this is a very exciting time. Nearing 20 weeks, the half way point to delivery and learning more about our baby everyday. I've definitely had a growth spurt in the last few weeks and I'm officially feeling pregnant. I kept telling myself that I don't look pregnant because I'm already so big. This morning while I was looking in the mirror I realized I can't lie to myself any longer. I do look like a woman, and I do look pregnant. Accept it and enjoy it!

Last night, I lay down and put my husbands hand on my stomach. I told Paul the baby was moving around a lot. First he said he could feel my heart beat in my stomach. Yup, that's the amazing new organ I just built, my placenta. It brings blood, oxygen and nutrients to our baby. Pretty sweet. Then he said "whoa, was that it!?", right after I felt a bit of movement. "YES!"

Paul said it felt like knocking. Maybe our baby already has a hilarious sense of humor like their very own parents and was performing their first knock-knock joke.

Baby: Knock knock
Us: Who's there?
Baby: Fetus
Us: Fetus who?
Baby: Fetus says were you raised in a barn? Close your legs, there's a draft in here and I'm cold!

Oh baby, you ARE hilarious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment